Recipe by Dib's
Here's a copycat recipe worth keeping!
Top Review by Michigan-fan
Instead of the sweet ground chocolate, I looked on Ghirardelli's website and it said to substitute a 50/50 mix of cocoa and sugar. I didn't use walnuts and put them in a mini muffin pan with the cups 3/4 full. I then cooked them for about 14 mins using a toothpick to test them to be a little undercooked. I cooled them on a rack and them dipped the tops of them in a chocolate ganache-type topping (melt together 1/2 cup chocolate chips, about 1 tsp water, about 1 tablespoon butter, and 2 tablespoons milk; whisk together until smooth). Absolutely delicious! This method provides a great presentation.
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 177.44 ml Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate and cocoa
- 158.51 ml flour
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 78.07 ml ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 8x8 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add butter mixing to incorporate.
- Sift the ground chocolate with the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into the egg mixture and add the walnuts.
- Spread into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.