Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for ZWT 6.
- 236.59 ml water
- 2 (822.13 g) can low sodium chicken broth
- 473.18 ml wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 59.14 ml white pearl onion, halved
- 236.59 ml frozen baby peas
- 78.07 ml smoked prosciutto, diced
- 29.58 ml half-and-half
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring broth and water to a boil. Add noodles then cook until al dente, stir occasionally.
- Next add the pearl onions, peas and prosciutto, simmer for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low and stir in half and half then salt & pepper to your taste.
What a wonderful soup. DH kept saying "yum". This is comfort food at it's best. I made as posted but did use extra wide noodles and really large pearl onion so I cut those in quarters. I still have some leftovers and am now thinking of going downstairs and heating it up for an evening snack. Just the thought of this is making my mouth water. That's not normal. I guess it's going in my best of 2010 cookbook. Thanks for posting. :)
This hit the spot! Great German comfort food. Everyone loved this soup at our ZWT6 soup & appy fest. I didn't have pearl onions (and kids don't like onions) so I added onion powder instead (kids never noticed!). DH doesn't like peas so I used some extra frozen broccoli. This is a versatile and tasty recipe. It is definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing! Reviewed for ZWT6.
I can't believe I found a soup recipe that my husband actually said "This is great, I will definitely eat this again!" He is a caned/boxed chicken noodle fan only. Thankfully I am training my kids up right...they love home made soup...and this one is no exception. I will definitely be adding this soup to my winter rotation. Made and reviewed for the Best of 2010 Recipe Tag game.