michele frank's Note:
My husband and any one I have served this soup to love it. I was looking in a cook book for Knepfla soup and I found one. But we don' t like celery and I didn't have some of the stuff it called,for so I substituted. It is the best Knepfla soup I had. And the bacon adds some good flavor to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups hash browns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1Melt butter in large soup pot.
- 2Put vegetables in pot,cook until almost tender.
- 3Add water first, then add soup, evaporated milk, milk, and bacon.
- 4Stir in chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, pepper and celery salt.
- 5Simmer on medium low heat for about 20 minutes, stir often.
- 6While soup is simmering, make Dough.
- 7Mix flour and baking powder together then add egg and milk.
- 8If dough is still to stiff add a little more milk.
- 9Dough should be stiff enough to hold its shape on the spoon.
- 10Add dough one tsp at a time in simmering soup.
- 11Cook soup with dough 15 min on low heat with cover on, stir often or soup will burn on the bottom.
- 12If it is to thick for you, add a little more milk before serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Knepfla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.5
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 141.1 mg
- Sodium 1367.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: