Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband and any one I have served this soup to love it. I was looking in a cook book for Knepfla soup and I found one. But we don' t like celery and I didn't have some of the stuff it called,for so I substituted. It is the best Knepfla soup I had. And the bacon adds some good flavor to it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups hash browns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Melt butter in large soup pot.
- Put vegetables in pot,cook until almost tender.
- Add water first, then add soup, evaporated milk, milk, and bacon.
- Stir in chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, pepper and celery salt.
- Simmer on medium low heat for about 20 minutes, stir often.
- While soup is simmering, make Dough.
- Mix flour and baking powder together then add egg and milk.
- If dough is still to stiff add a little more milk.
- Dough should be stiff enough to hold its shape on the spoon.
- Add dough one tsp at a time in simmering soup.
- Cook soup with dough 15 min on low heat with cover on, stir often or soup will burn on the bottom.
- If it is to thick for you, add a little more milk before serving.