1/9 Photos of German Cream of Vegetable Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Hey, where's the cream? No, no cream here, only delicious healthy soup. This is a VERY healthy, low calorie soup. My family loves it. I serve it with thick slices of German bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the stock to simmer. The taste of the soup will be different depending on which stock you use. You can also use 2 quarts water + boullions.
- 2Clean and slice the leek, white/light green part only. Clean and chop the celery. Peel the carrots and potatoes and dice them. Put everything in the simmering stock. Add salt, marjoram, oregano and basil. Simmer for 1-1/2 hour.
- 3Take out a big bowl to hold the soup while you use the blender to puree/liquify it.
- 4VERY IMPORTANT! Only fill the blender container half full and make sure the steam can escape on top. I usually hold a paper towel over the top to prevent splatter. You can also let the soup cool a bit before you puree/liquify it.
- 5Put the pureed/liquified soup back in the pot and reheat. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. If you have fresh basil around, chop some and sprinkle over the soup.
- 6Serve with delicious fresh bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Cream of Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 317.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: