Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice Italian pasta salad! Easy, yet good!
Make and share this Genoa Orzo With Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 3 7⁄8 ounces sliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce (homemade or prepared)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (the good stuff, if you can)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring 2-1/2 quarts water to a boil. Add orzo and cook until just tender, 7-8 minutes.
- Drain in colander and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Transfer orzo to large serving bowl. Add olives and pesto. Mix well. Add parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at once, or refrigerate to meld flavors.
WOW... super easy and my son got 3 things he loves all in one dish. this is super.... even a nice summer salad
Well, thanks a lot Charmie777!! Your recipe just spoiled using any other kind of pasta in our pesto. The orzo is absolutely brilliant with this, as is the parmesan and olives. The ultimate comfort food. Thank you, (really!!!) for a great recipe and idea.
This is a rich and tasty side dish. I reduced it to two servings and we still had some leftover. I used homemade pesto sauce. I think this would be good with ripe grape or cherry tomatoes added.