Ramen Noodle & Cabbage Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 lb of shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil (can use canola if you don't have sesame)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- toasted sesame seeds
- Boil noodles according to package directions, reserving the flavor packets(to use in dressing).
- Once noodles are cooked and cooled, combine with coleslaw mix, almonds, sunflower seeds and scallions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together 2 beef flavor packets, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce and pour over salad.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is the exact recipe used at a recent gathering (only oriental flavor was used) and it's delish! All 7 of us asked for the recipee, we love it! This recipe will serve 6-12 depending on appetites and if it is a side dish or main meatless meal. I think 16 is stretching it a bit. Easy to make and can be endless in variations. Mandarin orange slices are my preference. Rice or apple cider vinigars are fine substitutes. Don't overcook the noodles, al dente is better.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> Love to cook as healthy as possible but will not compromise on flavor. I hate Splenda.</p>