Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A low-fat version of this well-known cake. (From "Lighten Up" by Elaine Magee)
Make and share this Gelatin Poke Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Coat 9x13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix, using egg substitute for 3 eggs called for and the sour cream in place of the oil called for, and adding the amount of water called for on the box.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes; then pierce the top of the cake with a kitchen fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add cold water.
- Carefully pour gelatin mixture over the cake.
- Chill for about 3 hours.
- Spread Cool Whip over top.
Wonderful! Now I know how to make a no fat cake! I used white cake mix with black cherry jello. My kids absolutely loved it. I hate to say it, but I ate two pieces! Thanks for this recipe!
Pretty good snack type cake. I used a strawberry cake mix and strawberry jello. I cut it into 28 pieces and we ate little pieces for snack. A light cake.