Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite summer salad. It's light but filling and has delicious flavor. I like it with garbanzo beans in place of the white beans in place of the cannellini beans. The recipe is from Cooking Light.
- 3 tablespoons tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (16 ounce) canother white beans, rinsed and drained
- To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine salad greens and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing mixture, tossing gently to combine. Serve immediately.