1/3 Photos of Garlicky Beef With Peppers
For the garlic lover. This is great served with a side salad, french bread and for the true garlic lover, a head of baked garlic to spread on the bread. The combination of red and green peppers makes for a nice presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean boneless beef round steak, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 -2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (I use the 2 tsp.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/4 dry red wine (Beef broth can be used; however, the wine gives a richer flavor.)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles
- 1Trim fat from the beef; cut with grain into 2-inch strips.
- 2Cut strips diagonally across the grain into 1/4-inch slices.
- 3Heat the olive oil in nonstick skillet.
- 4Add onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 5Cook and stir over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 6Stir in the meat and bell peppers, cook and stir about 4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- 7Stir in wine; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Stir cornstarch into beef broth until disolved; add to beef mixture.
- 9Cook and stir over medium high heat until thickened.
- 10Serve over noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Beef With Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.5 mg
- Sodium 298.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry red wine