Asian Ground Beef, Pepper and Onion Saute
photo by Stardustannie
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 cups bell peppers, chopped (I used a combination of red, yellow & green)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is GF)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Over over medium heat, cook and stir the ground beef until evenly browned.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add the peppers, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Season with parsley, red pepper, and salt.
- Cook and stir until tender.
- Return the beef to the skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the beef stock, soy sauce, molasses, chile paste, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until heated through and sauce comes to a boil.
- Combine water and cornstarch and add to skillet.
- Stir constantly until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over the cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband really liked this recipe. Excellent way to prepare ground beef other than soup, meatloaf, or spaghetti. Very forgiving if you have to sub an ingredient, or are lacking one. I had lots of fresh veggies and added some mushrooms. I have a feeling this will find a way into our meal rotation. Give it a try!
After all of the veggies are sliced this is super quick & easy. I opted to use lean ground turkey, slice the peppers, and throw in a fresh jalapeno too. I served with lettuce and napa cabbage leaves for rolling instead of rice and was happy with the meal. Thank you for sharing this colorful & tasty recipe!
Thanks for sharing!! Loved it- took me back to college with so many more tastes and types of food. Changes made due to availability, needing to make room in the fridge/freezer, and to keep from getting obsessive about things— 1- 1.5 lbs ground beef, leftover onions and green pepper slices(4-5 cups), subbing 1/8 tsp garlic powder for 2 garlic cloves, (half as much) nutmeg for gingerroot, 1 tbsp parsley instead of 2, 1/2 c brown sugar to replace molasses, somewhere between 1 to 2 tsp Worcestershire, and hot sauce to replace chili paste. Yum!
5/13 A nice and easy dinner with an Asian flair. Thanks for posting.<br/>9/13 I didn't realize I made this before, my daughter insists I did, she was right. It was a winner agin for the 2nd time. I did want to add a new serving option. My son put his rice and beef ins a flour tortilla, kinda like a moo shoo beef! My daughter would like me to use chicken next time, so I'll give that a whirl next. I'll boost up the heat factor more next time, I prefer to use 1 T+ Sambal Oelek in place of the chili flakes and chili paste.