Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes a great accompaniment to grilled steak. It would also be good over pasta. The shrimp stays moist when baked in the oven and frees the cook from stirring a saute pan! Use a flavourful olive oil for best results. Adapted from 125 Best Toaster Oven Recipes by Linda Stephen.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (31-40 count works well)
- 3 cups mushrooms, quartered (8 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, preferably fresh
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 400°F
- Pat shrimp dry.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, mushrooms, oil, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Spoon into an 8" square baking dish or 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until shrimp are pink and cooked. Stir once or twice during cooking.