Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Garlic lovers-here you go! Love the combination of green onions with the garlic and parmesan.
Make and share this Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce over Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (or minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (grated will not work well, shredded works best!)
- salt and pepper
- 4 -5 scallions (green onions, diced with scissors)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- When pasta is half way done, start with cream sauce in separate pot.
- Add butter, olive oil and garlic and saute on med-low heat until butter is melted, then add red pepper flakes and saute.
- Mix in flour until combined.
- Add milk and chicken broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and stir until thickened.
- Add parmesan and stir until melted.
- Serve over pasta, and top with green onions.
- Option: Add cooked, diced chicken.
This passes my fibromyalgia flareup test - it uses ingredients I normally keep in the fridge and pantry, so there's no shopping involved, and I can make it while flared up without being utterly wiped out when it's done. The most tiring part was frying up the turkey bacon I decided to add to the sauce. It's being added to the monthly rotation for sure.
I will add my 5 star to this one. I'm following adkins, so I used cream instead of milk, but otherwise didn't change a thing. I served it over zucchini noodles and broccoli and it was amazing. My kiddos loved it as a vegetable and pasta dipping sauce. It makes quite a bit, so we still have plenty and plan to serve over baked chicken tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!
Makes an excellent bed for Shrimp Scampi.