Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Garlic lovers-here you go! Love the combination of green onions with the garlic and parmesan.
Make and share this Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce over Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (or minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (grated will not work well, shredded works best!)
- salt and pepper
- 4 -5 scallions (green onions, diced with scissors)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- When pasta is half way done, start with cream sauce in separate pot.
- Add butter, olive oil and garlic and saute on med-low heat until butter is melted, then add red pepper flakes and saute.
- Mix in flour until combined.
- Add milk and chicken broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and stir until thickened.
- Add parmesan and stir until melted.
- Serve over pasta, and top with green onions.
- Option: Add cooked, diced chicken.
I will add my 5 star to this one. I'm following adkins, so I used cream instead of milk, but otherwise didn't change a thing. I served it over zucchini noodles and broccoli and it was amazing. My kiddos loved it as a vegetable and pasta dipping sauce. It makes quite a bit, so we still have plenty and plan to serve over baked chicken tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!
Makes an excellent bed for Shrimp Scampi.
This was easy to make and well written. Normally I prep all the ingredients before starting a recipe, but this one has a nice progression of cooking with little bits of time here and there that make prep time for the next added ingredient perfect. It truly is a 20 min recipe, apart from the time it takes for the pasta water to boil. Tastes great and all with ingredients I normally keep in my pantry.