Recipe by anonymous
Garlic lovers-here you go! Love the combination of green onions with the garlic and parmesan.
Top Review by Anonymous
I fixed this according to recipe. It was awesome and the flavors were perfect. The only thing I'd do differently would be to limit the Parmesan cheese to just a cup at most. I had a tough time estimating the thickness of the sauce and believe I over cooked it. Put over cheese tortellini and ground Italian sausage. Definitely going into my recipe file.
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (or minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (grated will not work well, shredded works best!)
- salt and pepper
- 4 -5 scallions (green onions, diced with scissors)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- When pasta is half way done, start with cream sauce in separate pot.
- Add butter, olive oil and garlic and saute on med-low heat until butter is melted, then add red pepper flakes and saute.
- Mix in flour until combined.
- Add milk and chicken broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and stir until thickened.
- Add parmesan and stir until melted.
- Serve over pasta, and top with green onions.
- Option: Add cooked, diced chicken.