1/2 Photos of Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce over Pasta
Garlic lovers-here you go! Love the combination of green onions with the garlic and parmesan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (or minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (grated will not work well, shredded works best!)
- salt and pepper
- 4 -5 scallions (green onions, diced with scissors)
- 1Cook pasta according to directions.
- 2When pasta is half way done, start with cream sauce in separate pot.
- 3Add butter, olive oil and garlic and saute on med-low heat until butter is melted, then add red pepper flakes and saute.
- 4Mix in flour until combined.
- 5Add milk and chicken broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and stir until thickened.
- 6Add parmesan and stir until melted.
- 7Serve over pasta, and top with green onions.
- 8Option: Add cooked, diced chicken.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce over Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1415.3
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 1345.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 187.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 57.1 g