Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti or 1/2 lb other Italian pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup butter or 1/8 cup margarine
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- To cook spaghetti sauce, in a heavy skillet or cast iron frying pan, slowly heat the olive oil and butter, add garlic, onion and saute until dark golden.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of slow to medium boiling water until tender.
- Drain, do not rinse.
- Pour sauce hot over cooked spaghetti, toss lightly to coat and top with parmesan cheese.
- Serve with french bread and extra Parmasan cheese at the table.
- This recipe will cover about 1/2 pound of spaghetti or other Italian pasta.
- For a variation, sprinkle with fresh-dried basil before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good and easy. This was great for my family. I don't eat seafood, but the rest of the family does so was looking for a good tasting pasta with or without shrimp. I made some simple panned seared shrimp for them to add to it. I did add basil at the end. My husband even enjoyed it and he is usually only a fan of the red sauce. I also paired with Cookin' Cutie's Red Lobster Garlic Biscuits. Can't get enough garlic in this house! Great pasta recipe. Thank you so much!