Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe can be prepared in 45 minutes or less. So good!
Make and share this Garlic/Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 30 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic.
- Cover; cook until onions are tender but not brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour; stir 2 minutes. Add broth, half and half, Sherry, thyme and bay leaf; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered until garlic is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Working in batches, puree the soup.
- Return to pot. Season with salt and pepper. Rewarm soup over medium heat; serve.
Simple, inexpensive and delicious! I served it with garlic toast.