1/1 Photo of Garlic Butter New Potatoes
History Teacher's Note:
I love this recipe. It is so simple, and yet, so delicious. I serve these potatoes with my Tarragon Cream Chicken. However, they are a delicious accompaniment to any meal. I took this recipe from Southern Living. It can be found in their Ultimate Quick and Easy cookbook. I generally do make a couple of changes- I add 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt to the garlic butter. I also often add minced fresh dill when I have it. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 new potatoes, quartered (about 2 3/4 lbs.)
- 1/4-1/3 cup butter
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (not in original recipe) (optional)
- 1/2-1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (not in original recipe) (optional)
- 1Add potato to salted water in a large saucepan. Cook, covered, 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. (Do NOT overcook the potatoes- they will be mushy!).
- 2Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add garlic and salt (optional). Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- 4Add parsley, pepper, and dill (optional). Pour over potatoes, tossing gently to coat.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Butter New Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 128.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 15.7 g