Grilled Trout With Cashew and Garlic Butter
From Fresh Food Fast. The whole meal is done in under 20 minutes! Excellent served with boiled new potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 4 (7 ounce) whole trout
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces cashew nuts, shelled
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- chopped parsley, a good handful
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Preheat hot grill or barbecue. Slash skins of fish deeply three times on each side to let the heat permeate the flesh. Remove the heads if you like.
- Brush the fish lightly with oil, and season with salt and pepper both inside and out.
- Cook under grill or on barbecue for 4 minutes on each side, or until the skin is browned and the flesh feels firm.
- Melt the butter in a wide shallow pan, and fry the nuts quickly until toasted. Add the garlic and parsley, and fry the mixture briefly until the parsley darkens slightly.
- Add the lemon juice with more salt and pepper to taste and heat through.
- Put each trout on a warm serving plate, and spoon over cashew and garlic butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation