Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An absolutely delicious way to enjoy steak -- I usually make this with London Broil. A favorite of ours for many years. Preparation time does not including marinating -- this must marinate at least overnight.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks or 3 1⁄2 lbs london broil beef, approximately 2 inches thick
- pepper, to taste
- Tenderize steak before marinating.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Add steak and turn to coat.
- Season generously with pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate steak overnight, turning occasionally (I use a Tupperware made for marinating where you can turn it over easily).
- Bring steak to room temperature.
- Preheat the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade and pat dry.
- Transfer marinade to heavy small saucepan.
- Broil steak to desired degree of doneness-- about 10 minutes per side for rare (125°F).
- Transfer to platter and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Bring marinade to a boil.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain.
- Pour marinade over steak slices and serve (and/or serve marinade alongside).
Great steak! I used flank steak and cut ingredients by half. It was for just two people. I added a little bit of brown sugar to the marinade. Left in the fridge for 2 days. WOW! Strong delicious flavor. Thanks Pianolady.
This was the most delicious steak in the world. i loved it and my family loved it too! Thank you for this!
Very full of flavor! I used a London Broil cut and marinated it overnight as directed. I only used half of the oil. I grilled the meat for dinner. The rosemary flavor really stuck. Very tasty. Thanx for this recipe. I'll make this again.