Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This chicken is basted inside and out with the flavor of garlic-oregano butter. It's simple, with ingredients most people have on-hand, and it goes equally well with potatoes, rice, or pasta. A good weeknight meal!
Top Review by Paka
This was great. I used chicken fillets and it came out perfect. I love the flavors and the butter/herb mixture inside kept everything moist, tender and loaded with flavor. I added some chicken broth after the chicken was cooked and reduced, poured this over the chicken and wow. Thank you. I will make this often.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts, with skin
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, garlic, salt, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Cut a 2-inch long pocket horizontally in chicken breasts, cutting deeply but not all the way through.
- Put a tablespoon of the butter mixture into each pocket, being sure to get it all the way down in there.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Cook chicken, skin side down, uncovered,until well-browned, about 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cover skillet, then cook until chicken is cooked through, another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover, spread the remaining garlic-oregano butter on the chicken and turn chicken once more skin-side down.
- Cover and brown for another 5 to 10 minutes.