Recipe by Nyteglori
Cooking time is chilling time. Herb butters are a nifty way to spice up any meal. I like herbed butters as a quick easy way to flavor frozen or canned veggies. Just add a dab of herbed butter and heat up the veggies. You can substitute margarine for the butter. If you choose to use dried herbs instead of fresh use 1 1/2 times the amount called for.
Top Review by mary winecoff
My son walked in while I was making this and said "something smells great!". Luckily I had all the fresh herbs in my garden. This is really wonderful on bread. I bet it will also be great on veggies.
- 8 ounces sweet unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Let butter soften to room temperature.
- Beat in other ingredients.
- Pack butter into molds or crocks or form balls with a melon baller.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Can be stored for upto 1 month in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.