Smoked Salmon and Herb Butter
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon scallion, minced (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 loaves dense 7-grain bread, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- side smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- For the herb butter, combine the butter, garlic, scallions, dill, parsley, juice juice, salt and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until mixed, but do not whip.
- To serve, spread some herb butter on a slice of bread and top it with a slice of smoked salmon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, is this great. I love smoked salmon and this easy to make treat does not disappoint. I used Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon, it was awesome with the flavored butter and partisan bread. The salmon was a rich tasting, firm fleshed salmon. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that has gone into my keeper box. So good, so quick to make, so easy and so very tasty. Made for Culinary Quest - 2014 - Salmon out door Challenge - Suitcase Gourmets.
Made as written for your 1st Football Pool win & this is a great variation of what I see as a Scandinavian classic. There is no occasion, meal or snack in Iceland that is not better w/this treat. I used strips of Recipe #475925 #475925 by pammyowl that I made for her cookathon, sprinkled the tops w/a little extra dill & added capers (a pers fave). Congrats on your FP win & thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
Thanks for posting this, dear co-Unruly :) I enjoyed it very well in memory of this year's world tour although I made it for 1-2-3-summer hits. Used a mix of ghee, canola and olive oil for the butter and some gluten free multi grain bread - so easy and yummy, will make this again! DH claimed the spread to be the best herb butter he's had, so it will be a keeper even without the salmon.
This butter is downright delightful!! I could totally see putting a dollop on a piece of grilled steak, fish, or chicken. . .heck, it would be fabulous over veggies too!!! Will serve this up tonight for DH (a salmon lover) using Swedish pumpernickle rye flatbread. He will be a happy man! Made for ZWT6. UPDATE: DH loved this and actually requested it again for BREAKFAST! How funny is that. Great recipe!