Recipe by Anu
This is a very simple vegetable sandwich that's perfect for breakfast, or as a healthy snack at any other time of the day. Since the ingredients are so basic and readily available, it's immensely convenient for an energy booster anytime, anywhere! Besdies, it's quite a treat to the taste-buds as well :-)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cabbage, grated
- 1 tablespoon carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup (I prefer plain)
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, grated (any other cheese will do as well)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (vary according to your liking!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix the chopped tomato, grated cabbage, carrot, cheese and tomato ketchup together, along with salt.
- Cover one slice of bread with this vegetable mixture and season it with pepper.
- Now put the other slice of bread on top of the vegetable-covered one, and your sandwich is ready to eat!
- You can also grill this sandwich if you like, or top it with some more grated cheese and pop it in the oven for about 5-10 minutes at 350 C.