Flaky crescent rolls, filled with a veggies make a great breakfast or dinner! Great for weeknight, or splendid for company or a holiday, even great to take to a picnic or potluck! Adapted from Pampered Chef "All the Best". To see how this is made go to http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=247514(look under omelette).
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 eggs, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb fresh asparagus spear, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onions or 1⁄3 cup green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In a bowl, whisk cream cheese and milk. Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Separate 1 egg, reserving egg white. Add the yolk, remaining 7 eggs, dill weed, salt and pepper to cream cheese mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Add asparagus, bell pepper, and onion to the bowl, mix well.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a 12" skillet over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes or until eggs are set but still moist.
- Remove pan from heat. Set aside.
- Unroll the 2 packages of crescent rolls, do not separate.
- Arrange dough on a cookie sheet with longest sides of rectangles across the width of the cookie sheet. Roll the dough with a rolling pin(or round drinking glass) to seal seams.
- Startin on longest sides of cookie sheet, cut sides of dough into eight strips, about 1 1/2" wide and 3" long.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop filling evenly over center of dough.
- Starting at one end, lift one strip of dough; twist one turn and lay across the top of the filling.
- Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form a braid.
- Fold the bottom edges of the dough up at the ends of braid.
- Brush top of braid with the remaining lightly beaten egg white.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Oh we loved this Sharon! When I picked up cresent rolls I didn't notice until I was home that I had garlic butter crescents! Oops! To my surprise, the garlic butter added a delicious flavor to the dish. The directions are easy to follow and the presentation is just beautiful! Made for KK Mini Cookathon!
This was great! Easy, tasty and the presentation was awesome. Thanks for sharing!
I just made this for breakfast and it was amazing!! We are not veggie fans so I used cooked bacon and ham. I also subbed veleeta for the cheese and savory garlic cooking cream cheese for the cream cheese. It added alot of flavor. Recommended to anyone!!!