1/1 Photo of Garden Vegetable Omelette Braid(Pampered Chef Copycat)
Flaky crescent rolls, filled with a veggies make a great breakfast or dinner! Great for weeknight, or splendid for company or a holiday, even great to take to a picnic or potluck! Adapted from Pampered Chef "All the Best". To see how this is made go to http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=247514(look under omelette).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 eggs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 lb fresh asparagus spear, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions or 1/3 cup green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F.
- 2In a bowl, whisk cream cheese and milk. Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- 3Separate 1 egg, reserving egg white. Add the yolk, remaining 7 eggs, dill weed, salt and pepper to cream cheese mixture, whisking until smooth.
- 4Add asparagus, bell pepper, and onion to the bowl, mix well.
- 5Melt the butter or margarine in a 12" skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes or until eggs are set but still moist.
- 7Remove pan from heat. Set aside.
- 8Unroll the 2 packages of crescent rolls, do not separate.
- 9Arrange dough on a cookie sheet with longest sides of rectangles across the width of the cookie sheet. Roll the dough with a rolling pin(or round drinking glass) to seal seams.
- 10Startin on longest sides of cookie sheet, cut sides of dough into eight strips, about 1 1/2" wide and 3" long.
- 11Using an ice cream scooper, scoop filling evenly over center of dough.
- 12Starting at one end, lift one strip of dough; twist one turn and lay across the top of the filling.
- 13Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form a braid.
- 14Fold the bottom edges of the dough up at the ends of braid.
- 15Brush top of braid with the remaining lightly beaten egg white.
- 16Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Vegetable Omelette Braid(Pampered Chef Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.6
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 242.3 mg
- Sodium 512.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 15.1 g