Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe source: Real Simple (September, 2008)
Make and share this Garden Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 summer squash, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- In a large bowl (or pot if making right away) combine all ingredients except for dill (broth - onion) and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Divide mixture among freezer-safe containers -- freeze until ready to cook or up to 3 months.
- To cook transfer frozen soup to a saucepan and simmer over medium heat partially covered for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer until vegetables are tender (5 more minutes or so) and soup is hot.
- Stir in dill.
A delicious, light and summery soup! We enjoyed the vegetable combination with the dill. The green beans and onions took a lot longer to cook than the squash and corn so I will cook them together for about 5-10 minutes before adding the remainder of the veggies. A great way to take advantage of summer's bounty. Thanks ellie.