Recipe by Manda
Another great recipe to use up all those wonderful garden veggies! I don't use the green tomato because my family doesn't care for them, but I sometimes add sliced celery instead (I love celery!!) You can play around with the amounts to suit your taste, or add/delete veggies as you wish.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 lb onion, sliced
- 10 medium green tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 heads cauliflower
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 gallon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onions and salt to taste.
- Let set 3 hours.
- Slice carrots, zucchini, and tomato and break cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- After 3 hours, drain onions on paper towel, but do not rinse.
- Cook carrots and cauliflower in vinegar and spices for 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook until very hot, about 10 minutes.
- Pack in jars.