Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cheddary veggie soup. Delicious on a winter night.
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 cup portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large stock pot and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, coverered, for 30 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in basil, wine, salt, pepper, basil, and cheddar just before serving.
- Spoon into bowls and top with additional cheddar cheese.