Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Rice and beans for breakfast! No wonder I enjoyed Costa Rica so much :D
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped (small)
- 9.85 ml garlic, chopped
- 59.16 ml salsa, lizano or 59.16 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 709.77 ml brown rice, cooked
- 473.18 ml black beans or 473.18 ml red beans, cooked
- Heat up the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for a few minutes. You want it to be tender and start to brown.
- Add the minced garlic to the onion and brown.
- Stir the spices into onion and garlic mixture.
- Add beans and let simmer for a few minutes, but don’t let it dry out.
- Pour in the cooked rice and mix it with the beans.
- Enjoy topped with sour cream, chopped green onions, and cilantro, alongside Eggs (fried or scrambled), and platanos maduros.