2 hrs 25 mins
Oreos lend flavor and texture to these moist, fudgey brownies. They seem soft, but they're still easy to cut and handle once they've cooled. If baking at high altitude, use the lower of the measurements given for butter, sugar, and baking powder. Cook time includes time for caramel to set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4-1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2-1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed (I use the food processor to crush them)
- 40 Rolo chocolates, unwrapped & cut in half (chewy caramels covered in milk chocolate, packaged in gold foil - 8 1/2 oz)
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease & flour a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 3In a 1-qt, microwavable bowl, combine baking chocolate, 2/3 cup chocolate chips, and butter, and microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth (1 1/2-2 minutes).
- 4Allow to cool slightly (about 5 minutes).
- 5In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- 6Add melted chocolate and beat until well blended.
- 7Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and beat at low speed until mixed.
- 8Stir in crushed cookies and remaining chocolate chips by hand.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan and spread.
- 10Bake until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and the center is set (when a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out just slightly moist) (30-40 minutes); don't overbake.
- 11Immediately sprinkle rolos on top of hot brownies and let stand until the caramels soften (10 minutes).
- 12Pull tip of toothpick through softened candy to spread and swirl (won't completely cover tops of brownies).
- 13Sprinkle with cashews and cool until set (1 hour).
- 14Cut into serving sized pieces.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Caramel Cashew Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.4
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 131.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: