Best Homemade Brownies
photo by Mandala
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted & divided (1/3 cup 1/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350F (325F if you're using a dark pan).
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cocoa and baking soda. Stir in 1/3 cup of the coconut oil until smooth. Add the boiling water and stir until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Add the sugar, eggs, the remaining 1/3 cup coconut oil, vanilla and salt and stir just until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the pan. (Always better to under-bake than to over-bake brownies!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!