Chocolate Caramel Cashew Chewies
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup large cashew pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy and then beat in egg.
- Stir in flour and oats and blend well.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15- 18 minutes until light brown.
- In a medium saucepan combine caramels and half and half and cook over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Pour caramel mixture over baked crust.
- Sprinkle with cashews and chocolate.
- Bake an additional 8- 10 minutes or until chocolate is softened and caramel begins to bubble around edges of pan.
- Cool completely and refrigerate to set chocolate.
- Cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
How can I put a proper rating on this?....sinfully delicious!! This is so easy to make and a great recipe for kids to help out! Don't want to unwrap all those caramels? It was a great and enjoyable job for my 4 and 6 year old children. Very scrumptious! Will definitely be a new entry into my cookbook! Thanks for the great recipe Karen!