Recipe by Tornado Ali
These taste just like the fudge pops you can buy from the icecream truck - only MUCH CHEAPER!
Top Review by zaar mate
20 stars! These are extremely good! I used the special dark cocoa and Evaporated milk for a little more than half (used the whole can) of the low-fat milk. I doubled the recipe and boy am I ever glad I did!!! These are really creamy and perfect. I did have to freeze them overnight for them to set up enough. We tried eating one several hours after I'd made them and had to use a spoon because they were still a tad too soft to get out of the container and the sticks came out. ha ha. Both my husband and I give these 2 thumbs up! Thanks for passing this one on...it's going to be a regular here in our house :-), which might not necessarily be a good thing ha ha.
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-process
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, sugar and cocoa until smooth.
- Stir the mixture over medium-low heat until it comes to a simmer, continue stirring for 1 minute.
- Very gradually, whisk in the low-fat milk, stirring to dissolve all the cocoa-sugar mixture. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into individual frozen-treat molds or small paper cups. Freeze until firm.