Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These taste just like the fudge pops you can buy from the icecream truck - only MUCH CHEAPER!
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-process
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, sugar and cocoa until smooth.
- Stir the mixture over medium-low heat until it comes to a simmer, continue stirring for 1 minute.
- Very gradually, whisk in the low-fat milk, stirring to dissolve all the cocoa-sugar mixture. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into individual frozen-treat molds or small paper cups. Freeze until firm.
20 stars! These are extremely good! I used the special dark cocoa and Evaporated milk for a little more than half (used the whole can) of the low-fat milk. I doubled the recipe and boy am I ever glad I did!!! These are really creamy and perfect. I did have to freeze them overnight for them to set up enough. We tried eating one several hours after I'd made them and had to use a spoon because they were still a tad too soft to get out of the container and the sticks came out. ha ha. Both my husband and I give these 2 thumbs up! Thanks for passing this one on...it's going to be a regular here in our house :-), which might not necessarily be a good thing ha ha.
These are great. I made them several times this past summer. We made them as written well recieved by my family
These are good! DH helped with whisking. We ran it under hot water, one at a time to get them out. I used Low Fat sweetened condensed milk and used less sugar(1/4 cup). Enjoy!