Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
These brownies have developed a cult following among many of the regulars at Yorktown Height's Gersky's. Make them yourself and you'll see why. They're dark and devilish!
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh raspberry (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, melt together butter and chocolate in a microwave; With a wire whisk, beat in sugar, eggs, and vanilla - Let cool slightly; Gradually stir in flour and baking powder just to combine; Fold in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Spread about 3/4 of the batter evenly in a 13" x 9" x 2" pan that has been coated with a non stick spray; Carefully spread raspberry preserves on top of the batter; Drizzle remaining batter evenly over preserves swirling top lightly with a spoon; Gently smooth top.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes at 350° or until the top is slightly puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan on a rack before cutting and enjoying.