Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from "Take Big Bites" by Linda Ellerbee. This is a crustless pie- something like a brownie. Top it with a scoop of ice-cream and some berries- sinful.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (or 2 ounces of high-cocoa-content bittersweet chocolate)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chocolate and butter in a 4 cup Pyrex measure or microwave-safe bowl. Place in microwave and heat on high, for 1 minute, stir, and heat for 30 seconds more. Let sit for a minute or so and stir until chocolate dissolves completely.
- Add sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into lightly oiled 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for as long as you can wait. If you can't wait, vanilla ice cream helps cool a slice of pie on your plate.
I didn't get to taste it as I gave the pie to 2 very special young ladies I know...well they thought it was the bomb! I gotta make me one!
This really is a wonderful and easy dessert. Really fudgy. I made it exactly as written with light butter. I baked them in 6 individual portions and served warm with vanilla ice cream. Had one extra left over and ate it cold - equally delicious!!
Yes! Another ter"ruff"ic dessert from cookiedog! Soooo easy and so soft, ooey gooey, chocolaty, yummy. All I needed was 1 plastic bowl...can't get much easier! I made it to share and it was hard to cut, it's more scoopable. Next time I will enjoy it myself, hot and a la mode. Thank you cookiedog for another keeper recipe. Made for Holiday Tag.