1/1 Photo of Fruity Rice Krispie Treats / Squares - Kids No Bake
Um Safia's Note:
My kids love Rice Krispie Treats. The problem for us is finding marshmallows suitable for our diet - this recipe uses white chocolate instead! You can use honey or maple syrup in place of the golden syrup or sub with light corn syrup. The walnuts add protein, apricots add betacarotene & the oats add iron and slow release energy (carbs). You could add some extra goodness like various seeds or use muesli in place of the oats.......feel free to experiment!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chocolate, margarine & goldeb syrup in a large microwavable bowl & cook for approx 2 mins or until melted. Quickly mix together.
- 2Add the dry ingredients & mix well.
- 3Line a large rectangular or square baking dish / tin (approx 11" x 25") with aluminium foil.
- 4Spoon the mixture into the dish & smooth the top, slightly pressing down at the same time.
- 5Place in the fridge to set, then slice into squares, slices or use cookie cutters to create other shapes. Alternatively, you can spoon the mix into paper cases & chill in the fridge.
- 6Store in the fridge for upto a week.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Rice Krispie Treats / Squares - Kids No Bake
Serving Size: 1 (920 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 161.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g