Recipe by Baby Kato
This is a slightly different version for a light christmas fruitcake...I hope you enjoy it...The cake is ready to be eaten after two or three weeks ...Keeps well for months.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1 lb sugar, white fine
- 10 small eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 lb cherries, candied
- 1 lb pineapple, candied
- 2 lbs golden raisins or 2 lbs white raisins
- 1⁄8 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 1 lb pecans, halves
- 1 lb walnuts, halves
- 1 cup cherry brandy, good quality
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Blend well.
- Dust fruit and nuts with one cup of flour.
- Do not cut fruits or nuts, leave whole, the only exception is the candied ginger.
- If pineapple is very large, you may cut these into bite size peices.
- Add remaining flour and brandy to butter mixture.
- Gently fold fruits and nuts into cake mixture.
- Bake in greased and lined pan, at 275 degrees for 3 hours for small cake, 4 hours for medium size cake and 5 hours for one large cake.
- Cake should sit out for 3 to 4 days to allow occasional basting with extra brandy before storing.
- We like to frost our cake with a thick almond frosting same day you serve.