Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have made carrot salad in many variations for many years, but this is my favourite. I don't always have all three fruits to put into it, but I do try to have two out of the three at least. This is so cool and refreshing. It makes a great accompaniment to my Lamb Curry. Cook time is chill time, although it will keep, if well sealed, for 24 hours in the fridge.
- 3 large carrots
- 1⁄4 peeled and cored fresh pineapple
- 1 navel orange
- 1 large tart apple
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 valencia oranges, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Chop the pineapple, peel and section the orange and cut the segments in half, and core and chop the apple.
- Mix the carrots, prepared fruits and raisins in a medium sized bowl.
- Squeeze the oranges, and mix the juice with the olive oil, mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the dressing with the salad.
- Serve chilled.
I would never have believed that carrots, pineapple, oranges and Dijon mustard would combine into something so tasty. My DH and I enjoyed the flavors and the good healthy benefits from eating all those fresh ingredients. A good recipe, Jenny Sanders!
My husband & I like this but it needs a little something. I'm not sure what! Maybe the juice of a lemon or lime. It is worth trying again. Thanks for the idea. Teena
This was so easy to make and delicious! I made it for a small dinner party, and my guests loved it. One of my guests is gluten intolerant and this is a great gluten-free dish to serve. (Note: to ensure it is gluten free, the vinegar in the mustard should be wine vinegar. I used King Soopers/Kroger's Premium Select Brand).