Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a really good recipe! I've made it quite a few times now, for bake sales, breakfast, etc. I am putting it here so I dont have to keep searching for it.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
- Note: If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
- * When I made these the batter was VERY thick.I found it easier to use a ice cream scoop to fill muffin cups.