Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A lovely cranberry salad for the Thanksgiving table. The combination of cream cheese, toasted pecans and cranberry is delicious.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 7 ounces ginger ale
- 1 lb jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
- Add water to syrup to make 1 cup. Heat liquid in a small saucepan until mixture is boiling. Dissolve gelatin in liquid and cool.
- Pour liquid into a mixing bowl and gently stir in Ginger Ale; chill til partially set.
- Meanwhile, mix pineapple and cranberry sauce. Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Turn mixture into 9x9x2 dish. Chill until firm.
- Fold cream cheese and whipping topping together until blended. Spread over firm gelatin.
- Toast pecans in butter in a 350 oven for about 10 minutes. Cool and sprinkle over top of salad.
- Chill. Cut into 9 squares to serve.
glad to see this old favorite, i just moved and can't find my old b&H cookbook! this is great with walnuts instead of pecans also. You can also substitute 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped, combined with the cream cheese-not quite as sweet as the whipped topping. Thanks for postinG!
This is my favorite cranberry jello salad for Thanksgiving!! It is delicious!! I'm glad you posted this recipe so now if I ever lose my copy I know where to come and get one. It's a recipe from an old BH&G cookbook and hard to find.