Recipe by 2bizzy
A lovely cranberry salad for the Thanksgiving table. The combination of cream cheese, toasted pecans and cranberry is delicious.
Top Review by chuckfullopunk
glad to see this old favorite, i just moved and can't find my old b&H cookbook! this is great with walnuts instead of pecans also. You can also substitute 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped, combined with the cream cheese-not quite as sweet as the whipped topping. Thanks for postinG!
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 7 ounces ginger ale
- 1 lb jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
- Add water to syrup to make 1 cup. Heat liquid in a small saucepan until mixture is boiling. Dissolve gelatin in liquid and cool.
- Pour liquid into a mixing bowl and gently stir in Ginger Ale; chill til partially set.
- Meanwhile, mix pineapple and cranberry sauce. Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Turn mixture into 9x9x2 dish. Chill until firm.
- Fold cream cheese and whipping topping together until blended. Spread over firm gelatin.
- Toast pecans in butter in a 350 oven for about 10 minutes. Cool and sprinkle over top of salad.
- Chill. Cut into 9 squares to serve.