Lemon Almond Cranberry Squares
A very lemony and delicious square.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 large lemons
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups ground almonds
- 3⁄4 cup craisins
- CRUST: Combine 2 cups flour, icing sugar and 1 cup butter or margarine until crumbly.
- Press firmly into a greased 13 x 9 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until light golden.
- TOPPING: Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Grate rind from 2 lemons. Squeeze out 3/4 cup juice.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and thickened.
- Stir in rind, juice and remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour over baked crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until set and golden.
- Cool then cut into squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION