Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this one in a TOH cookbook of favorites. It's definitely a favorite if you love cashews!!
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 3.69 ml each baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- 414.03 ml salted cashew halves
- 118.29 ml butter
- 44.37 ml half-and-half cream
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg, sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold in cashews.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfulls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Lightly brown butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add cream and vanilla.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick.
- Frost cookies.
- Top each with a cashew half if desired.
These are delicious! This is a great cookie - the flavor is so good. The saltiness of the cashews is delicious with the sweetness of cookie. The frosting is excellent, too. I will definitely make these again.
Outstanding taste treat and easy to make! I made as posted except that I used unsalted butter. I do sort of wish that the NV were for 42 cookies so I knew what 1 cookie was "worth". Thanks CoffeeB for posting a "company" quality cookie sure to impress guests. Made for Photo Tag.