Airbake Giant Cashew White Chocolate Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla baking chips or (12 ounce) package white chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted cashews, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in egg and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- Stir in flour and soda.
- Add 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) vanilla chips and 1 cup cashews; mix well.
- Shape dough into 2 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes; remove to wire cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup (3 oz.) vanilla chips. Dip in an edge of each cookie and decorate with remaining chopped cashews. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made these for years for Christmas, but I had lost the recipe. I'm glad I found it. I make 2 batches, one with white chips dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with melted semi sweet chocolate and one with chocolate chips dipped in chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate. They look great and taste great.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a university student, and a horrible cook! (I started a fire trying to boil water). I admit it. I've been trying to get better at it though. I love reading recipes however, and if I could cook, I would. I love South American and Indian food, and HATE pasta. I also have a sweet tooth.