Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Haven't made this yet -- but looking forward to giving it a try.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 dozen egg
- 1 red onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 zucchini
- 4 chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped and loosely packed
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- Greast 12" tart pan with removable bottom.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Whip together cream cheese, flour and eggs. Set aside.
- Chop finely, process, or grate: red onion, garlic, zucchini, chanterelle mushrooms, yellow sweet pepper, and fresh basil leaves.
- Place mixture into a cloth napkin and squeeze out all excess moisture. Then place mixture into large mixing bowl.
- To the cream cheese mixture, add 8 more eggs, the grated Swiss cheese, salt and white pepper. Whip together well.
- Add cheese-and-egg mixture to mixing bowl of chopped vegetables. Blend well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 for 1 hour. Just before the Frittata comes out of the oven, prepare the sauce.
- DIJON-HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:.
- In a double boiler, whip egg yolks and lemon juice until mixture has a custard-like consistency. Add salt, white pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- In a separate pan, melt butter, then add it very slowly, a few drops at a time, to the egg uolk mixture, whipping constantly.
- Add mustard, blend well.
- Top Frittata with Dijon-Hollandaise Sauce.