Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Was tired of paying the high price for this and found this recipe online. This tastes like the real thing.
- 425.24 g can refried beans
- 5 slice bottled jalapenos (nacho slices)
- 14.79 ml brine, from bottled jalapeno slices
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- Combine refried beans with the other ingredients in a food processor.
- Puree ingredients on high speed until smooth.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.
I'm not going to pull the "Well I decreased the salt by 8 grains and made it even better!" And I'm not going to say that this was as good as Lay's...
...because it's better! OMG! You're looking at someone who has craved Lay's since he was a teen boy! I made your recipe tonight for my dad and best friend and they wolfed it down!
Thank you! You're a genius! :)
Made this on a whim -- and because we love FL bean dip but I hate the price :). This is dead-on for a replacement. DH and his buddy who eat this cans at a time did not know it was homemade -- thought I just put a couple of cans into a chip/dip bowl to the party!!! Can't get any better than that! Thanks for posting
Made as directed with fat free refried beans. Very good and similar to the real deal.