Hot Bean Dip
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Apertivo de Frijoles Calientes....true hot bean dip, much better than the stuff Frito Lay puts in the can, and cheaper too!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans, mashed
- 1 teaspoon margarine or 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 jalapenos, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese
- Mash the beans to a'dip' consistency, adding a little bean broth if necessary.
- Saute the jalepenos, onion and garlic in the margarine until the garlic and onion are translucent and the jalepenos have golden or brown edges.
- Mix the beans, jalepenos, onions, and garlic.
- Heat; sprinkle with cheese.
- Great with nacho chips or fritos.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
When I saw this recipe I was like perfect...I hate buying bean dip in a can for my husband and I was anxious to give it a try. Not only was this quick and easy but very good. I added a little ground cumin and a little salt to kick it up a bit for my family, other than just great! Thanks Wildheart!Reply