Recipe by Iron Woman
I got this recipe from one of my Chinese cookbooks made by Betty Crocker. These are so yummy!
- 226.79 g fresh shrimp (or frozen)
- 113.39 g ground pork
- 2 (340.19 g) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml sesame oil
- 0.25 ml white pepper
- 453.59 g wonton skins
- 1 beaten egg
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp. Chop shrimp finely.
- Mix shrimp, pork, water chestnuts, green onions, cornstarch, salt, sesame oil and white pepper.
- Place 1/2 teaspoons shrimp mixture in center of wonton.
- Fold bottom corner of wonton skin over filling to opposite corner, forming a triangle.
- Brush right corner of triangle with egg.
- Bring corners together below filling; pinch to right corner to seal. Repeat with remaining wonton skins.
- Heat oil (1 1/2 inches) in wok to 350 degrees. Fry 8-10 wontons at a time until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sere with sweet and sour sauce or hot mustard.