1/1 Photo of Fried Rice With Shrimp, Pork, Shiitake Mushrooms
Chef #195447's Note:
I got this recipe from American Test Kitchen site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 8 ounces small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas, preferably baby peas, thawed
- 1/2 ounce dried shiitake mushroom, rehydrated in 1 cup hot water until softened, about 15 minutes, then drained, trimmed of stems, and (5 to 6 medium)
- 4 ounces ground pork (optional) or 8 ounces sliced smoked ham, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (optional)
- 4 ounces roast pork, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 5 cups cold cooked white rice
- 5 medium scallions, sliced thin
- 1Combine oyster sauce and soy sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- 2Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- 3Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil.
- 4Add eggs and cook without stirring, until they just begin to set, about 20 seconds, then scramble and break into small pieces; continue to cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are cooked through.
- 5Transfer eggs to small bowl and set aside.
- 6Return skillet to medium heat and heat until hot; about 1 minute; add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil.
- 7Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until opaque and just cooked through, about 30 seconds.
- 8Transfer to bowl with eggs and set aside.
- 9Return skillet to burner, increase heat to high and heat skillet until hot, about 2 minutes; add remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons oil.
- 10Add peas, mushrooms, sausage or ham, and pork; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 11Stir in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- 12Add rice and oyster sauce mixture; cook, stirring constantly and breaking up rice clumps, until mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 13Add eggs, shrimp, and scallions; cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Rice With Shrimp, Pork, Shiitake Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (1764 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2807.8
- Calories from Fat 1198
- Total Fat 133.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 1053.8 mg
- Sodium 1461.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 327.8 g