I got this recipe from American Test Kitchen site.
Make and share this Fried Rice With Shrimp, Pork, Shiitake Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 8 ounces small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas, preferably baby peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 ounce dried shiitake mushroom, rehydrated in 1 cup hot water until softened, about 15 minutes, then drained, trimmed of stems, and (5 to 6 medium)
- 4 ounces ground pork (optional) or 8 ounces sliced smoked ham, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (optional)
- 4 ounces roast pork, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 5 cups cold cooked white rice
- 5 medium scallions, sliced thin
- Combine oyster sauce and soy sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil.
- Add eggs and cook without stirring, until they just begin to set, about 20 seconds, then scramble and break into small pieces; continue to cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are cooked through.
- Transfer eggs to small bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat and heat until hot; about 1 minute; add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until opaque and just cooked through, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to bowl with eggs and set aside.
- Return skillet to burner, increase heat to high and heat skillet until hot, about 2 minutes; add remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons oil.
- Add peas, mushrooms, sausage or ham, and pork; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add rice and oyster sauce mixture; cook, stirring constantly and breaking up rice clumps, until mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, shrimp, and scallions; cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1 minute.
This rice is excellant. My dh & I were in flavor heaven. This was sooo good and so easy to make. The flavor and textures in this dish are outstanding. The large shrimp that I used were perfectly cooked. Thanks so much for posting this recipe.