Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious fried rice that rivals any from a take-out place
- 3 cups cooked white rice (day old or leftover rice works best!)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup peas and carrots (if using frozen make sure they're thawed)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic.
- Stir fry until tender.
- Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side of skillet or wok.
- Pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled.
- Add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well.
- Stir fry until thoroughly heated.
- Serve and enjoy!