Recipe by Dreamgoddess
From Southern Living 1981. A person can only have so many magazines around the house before you get that over-run feeling. I'm cleaning out my stacks and posting the recipes that I've tried and wish to keep here.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red peppers
- 2 medium tomatoes, chilled and cut in 1/2 " slices
- cornmeal, for dredging
- hot bacon drippings, for sauteing
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mustard, worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, papriks and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread this mixture on both sides of the tomato slices.
- Dredge the tomato slices in cornmeal.
- Heat 1/4" bacon drippings in a skillet.
- When hot, saute the tomato slices until lightly browned and crisp.
- Drain and serve hot.