Fried Red Tomatoes With Sour Cream and Prosciutto
photo by Genius Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 3 firm ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- sour cream, for garnish
- 3 slices prosciutto, fried till crisp, for garnish
- 3 sprigs fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices. Sprinkle with coarse salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place flour, eggs, and crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Heat the oil with a dollop of butter, in a medium skillet on medium heat. Dip the tomato slices in the flour, then the eggs, and then crumbs. In batches, fry half the coated slices at a time, for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Coat the remaining tomatoes in the flour, egg and bread crumb mixture, and cook. Remove the tomatoes to a warm serving tray.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, crumbled crisp prosciutto, and a sprinkle of fresh chopped chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!