1/2 Photos of Fried Red Tomatoes
From Southern Living 1981. A person can only have so many magazines around the house before you get that over-run feeling. I'm cleaning out my stacks and posting the recipes that I've tried and wish to keep here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the mustard, worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, papriks and red pepper in a small bowl.
- 2Spread this mixture on both sides of the tomato slices.
- 3Dredge the tomato slices in cornmeal.
- 4Heat 1/4" bacon drippings in a skillet.
- 5When hot, saute the tomato slices until lightly browned and crisp.
- 6Drain and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Red Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 356.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g