Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this recipe because the pork chops are tender and juicy and most full of flavor!
- 8 thin cut bone in pork chops
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or mashed in a mortar and pestle)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 6 cups water
- canola oil (for frying, about 1 cup)
- In large bowl, add pork chops, vinegar and water. Let sit for 10 minutes. Rinse well, pat dry, and place in ziploc bag or lg. bowl.
- Add lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Let marinade at least 30 minutes preferably overnight. The longer they marinade the better they will taste. Note: If marinating 1 hour or less you can leave them out at room temperature. If marinating over 1 hour or more refrigerate then bring to room temperature before cooking.
- In large frying pan on medium heat, add canola oil and 1 teaspoons sugar (other teaspoons is for next batch). When oil is hot and sugar turns a dark brown color (careful not to burn) add 4 pork chops. Cover and cook for 4 minutes. Flip pork chops, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove cover and cook for 1 minute. Remove pork chops and drain on plate lined with paper towels, add 1 more teaspoons sugar to oil, heat and repeat process with remaining pork chops.